By / admin
Prepping Appliances Before Move
Tips For Prepping Appliances Before A Move
Packing your belongings can be one of the most daunting tasks when moving. It is a great opportunity to de-clutter and donate or throw out home items that you no longer need. If you are bringing your appliances to your new home it is very important that you follow the below tips for prepping appliances before your move.
It is important to prepare appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines, that might have residual moisture, before a big move. For your safety, please refer to the moving instructions in the user’s manual for your appliance.
Tips For Prepping Appliances:
– Turn off, unplug and defrost appliance.
– Remove all water from internal and external components.
– For refrigerators, drain water from holding tank, plastic tubing, and defrost pan (usually underneath or behind the fridge).
– Clean all parts of the appliance and spray with bug repellent.
– Wipe completely dry. Any moisture will increase the risk of mold.
– Always keep the fridge upright during transportation.
– Remove all shelves and other loose items, otherwise tape them close. (Caution: Tape could damage the paint on a fridge.)
– Read the instruction manual for your appliance.